Sleeping

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AhhhhitsJoseph

Number of posts : 648
Name : Joseph Wu
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Sleeping   Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:59 pm

I have a problem with my sleeping habits. I can wake up fine every morning (kind of) but during the day I get really tired and I end up falling asleep on the bed after taking my shower (Around 4:30). Then I sleep til 7:30. Because I get three hours of sleep during the day, I end up can't going to sleep until 12:00-1:00.

Now the question is, how do I fall into a regular sleeping pattern?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
khiwmamnyg

Number of posts : 137
Name : Kimberly Hwang
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:18 pm

Hmm... I kinda have the same problem. Maybe you can take your shower later, and then, you can have dinner or something right away so you won't fall asleep. What I do is take a 30 minute nap (it hasn't been working so well lately) and set an alarm to wake up, so that I would be able to fall asleep at night!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThatAsianKid

Number of posts : 695
Name : Tim Lau
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:28 pm

i guess another thing you can do is not take your nap, then make yourself really tired so that you go to sleep around 10-10:30. You keep doing this until your body is used to it and then you don't need to have naps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freerice.com
yeahitisfu
Admin

Number of posts : 289
Name : Eric FuFu
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:48 pm

just fall on your bed and close your eyes, and count sheeps, trust me, it works, and you will find yourself count less and less sheeps. after you're good at sleeping, you can just fall asleep right away like me =DD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fecccrew.forumotion.com
AhhhhitsJoseph

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping   Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:09 am

The thing is, I have my dinner when I come home. No lie. I sometimes go on two meals a day (No lunch) with one or two snacks inbetween. That's probably why I tend to take my shower at that time and go to sleep.

Anyway, I'll try what Eric suggested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kris0ten
Admin

Number of posts : 98
Name : Kristen Chang

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping   Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:12 am

you need to change your body's habits - which are always harder to break than to form
stop napping. its harder than it sounds, i know, but thats really what you need.
part of it is refusing to allow yourself to nap, and part of it is forcing yourself to go to bed earlier even if you aren't tired.

AhhhhitsJoseph

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping   Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:21 am

Do... Do I have to? Crying or Very sad I just don't want to end up falling asleep on my computer or while I'm doing my homework. Is napping for 15 minutes okay?

EDIT: Looks like I should probably go to sleep soon. Probably.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KNIWIFI

Number of posts : 33
Name : Kevin Ni

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping   Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:06 pm

Haha well what happens to me is, that once I come back from basketball, I'm really tired so I just start napping, so on a free day (non-school nite) just go play wii or some active sport at like 7-8 ish if it's still bright outside and then go home and sleep =) Works for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stanley

Number of posts : 37
Name : Stanley
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping   Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:36 pm

lol i come back from school sometimes and im always tired, i usually start to feel sleepy at school. so i go home and sleep at like 4 and wake up at 8 -9. so basically i get a 4 hour nap everyday. then i eat a late dinner take a shower and go on the comp till like 11 or 12. then i start hw at 12 and end at 2 or 3. and when i hit the bed i knock out within 10 mins. i basically have the same problem as you but i can fall asleep. the solution is simple, just dont sleep during the day no matter what. finish all ur hw and go to sleep at night. if you still cant fall asleep, then do 50 pushups and 50 situps and 100 jumping jacks in ur room, you should be pretty tired by then and be able to fall asleep. it works both as an exercise and a way to fall asleep Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krisliu

Number of posts : 36
Name : Kris Liu
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping   Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:44 pm

or you can read a boring book phaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jennydai!

Number of posts : 26
Name : Jenny Dai
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping   Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:07 pm

the best naps are the really short ones that only last for 15-30 minutes. afterwards, you should feel more awake. the long ones just make you more tired (and i am guilty of these naps).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blazing_aces94

Number of posts : 7
Name : Kevin Chen
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping   Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:52 pm

plan out your day. im sure it doesn't take the whole day to do all your homework, even if you have afterschool activities. also, NEVER take naps. unless you have plenty of time to kill, napping is just a waste of time when you coujld be doing much meaningful things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping   

Back to top Go down

Sleeping
Page 1 of 1