How do you spread the word?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
crystallosaid

Number of posts : 45
Name : Crystal Lo
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: How do you spread the word?   Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:19 am

Helloo Smile well..., this week, my aunt and her daughter, Adrian, whose 21 or 20, are over here to visit from New Jersey. Adrian's dad just passed away like... 2 or 3 weeks ago because of cancer. so i'm guessing theyre here to just get away from home for a while. and their religion is buddhism, but they aren't like.. a strong buddhist. and what i really want to do is tell Adrian about God. because i know that when she hears about God, and starts to get to know him, it will really heal her heart, and devastation would really lessen more because of knowing God. but the thing is, i dont really know how to start a conversation with her about it. i mean gosh, shes like 7 years older than me. but shes reallyyy nice! and im pretty sure this is the first time i met her, i met her mom a long time ago, like 8 years ago. soo, how should i start off? btw, she came yesterday, friday, march 14. but i have been talking to her a bit and stuff. thanks a lot :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/thisiscrystalsurllink
crystallosaid

PostSubject: Re: How do you spread the word?   Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:21 am

and shes gonna be leaving tomorrow, sunday, march 16 to las vegas until tuesday. and then she'll be coming back, and then going back to new jersey on saturday, march 22.
Back to top Go down
MichaelChen

Number of posts : 60
Name : Michael Chen
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: How do you spread the word?   Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:08 pm

Bring her to church on Friday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yaRn
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Name : Ryan Hsu
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: How do you spread the word?   Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:27 pm

hey crystal, that's really cool that you have a heart to reach your cousin. i think she's your cousin, well i'm assuming so, if she's your aunt's daughter. but anyway, i think the main thing that you can do for her right now and always, is pray. that is the most basic and essential thing that you need to do. pray for God to give you an opportunity and for God to prepare her to hear what you want to share. so start there.

the next thing you can do is just hear how she is doing. i mean i can only imagine what kinds of emotions and thoughts are running through her head because her dad passed away. what i think she really needs is to know that you are willing to be with her (maybe even if she doesn't want to share anything) and not just there to share the gospel, even if that is caring for her also.

another thing that you can do at the same time is to share how you've dealt with difficult times, and how God sustained you through it. your story (which can be your testimony, but not necessarily) will always be the thing that people will listen to. there are going to be times when you need to directly share the gospel, but i believe that this is a time for you to share your story about your relationship with God. a couple key factors you can incorporate are:
- how you experience God's love, which originated from Christ's death on the cross. death is going to be very real to her, and i think it would be good for her to hear how God sent His Son for us
- how God pulls you through tough times

also, just know that she may or may not make a decision right away and that's okay. the most effective way to reach anyone is to build a deep relationship with that person. i know she is considerably older than you, but don't be discouraged. God can and does use anyone to bring people to him. so make a real effort to get to know her and care for her. anyway, i hope this helps for you. let me know how it goes, and i will be praying for you this week.

-ryan

p.s. michael's suggestion to bring her to church on friday is a good one, since we'll be showing how Christ died for our sins. but it'll be good for you to just keep talking to her and telling how you love and are loved by God.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crystallosaid

PostSubject: Re: How do you spread the word?   Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:03 pm

okay, thanks Smile yeahh, i'll talk to my mom about bringing her on friday :] but the thing is., like i dont want to like.. mm. how do i say this? like.. bring up the subject of her dad. and her mom and her seem happy, like. they look like nothing happened. i guess that once i talk to her more, i'll tell her slowly about God, yes? heehee, thank you :] <3

Last edited by crystallosaid on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mmhm.uhhuh

Number of posts : 21
Name : Jessica Liu
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: How do you spread the word?   Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:08 pm

Crystal, i'll be praying for you and your cousin. i'm sure if you ask God for help, you can't go wrong with that because i'm thinking he likes what you're doing. so just have faith in God and the awesome things he can do. even when it seems hard and so impossible because there's this thing called God room. when you do what you can and the rest, just trusting in His Plan and giving him room to do his thang.

- jessica
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crystallosaid

PostSubject: Re: How do you spread the word?   Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:18 pm

thank youuu Smile and oh darn, i cant bring her friday. she has to leave at 4 in the morning on saturday to the airport. but i'll ask God to help me tell her about it!
Back to top Go down
AhhhhitsJoseph

Number of posts : 648
Name : Joseph Wu
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: How do you spread the word?   Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:22 pm

Well... this is what I would do...

First bring her somewhere peaceful, where the noises of the roads are less. Somewhere peaceful and nice. Ask if it seems peaceful (She SHOULD say yes if you chose a good spot). Then you ask about what she feels. Listen to her, answer when right, then at the end tell her that you really can't understand the situation she's in because you've never experienced it, but that God can. Tell her that this peaceful place is but a sample of what God can offer us. And then slowly go into details.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pjoe
Admin

Number of posts : 2
Name : [pastor] Joe Lo
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: How do you spread the word?   Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:10 am

hey crystal. bummer about your uncle. i'm sorry for your family's loss.

i think the first thing to do to just listen and try to understand people when they are hurting. they are not always looking for answers as much as they are looking for someone who tries to understand what they are going through and to even weep with them. this is going to be a devastating time even if she was a Christian.

in terms of sharing, the most important thing is to pray for an opportunity and for God's leading. then look for an appropriate opportunity for you to share how God made a difference in your life. a testimony doesn't sound preachy and people usually are open to hearing your experiences. if she is interested she'll ask more questions.

i'll be praying for you,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you spread the word?   

Back to top Go down

How do you spread the word?
Page 1 of 1