Go down 
AuthorMessage
yeahitisfu
Admin

Number of posts : 289
Name : Eric FuFu
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: a short testimony   Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:15 am

mehhh.. i guess i'm the first one, you guys know that i'm a fob, so my English is not that great. there might be like dramatic grammar error, sry for all you AP English 12 IB honor students, but plz just ignore it and continue on =)

today i really felt that God can do anything, anywhere, at any time.

so the story is this:
as you guys know, i got kinda sick this week. my nose is running like crazy, and my throat is just killing me, i lost my voice a couple times, and i sound like a robot... today at school we had 2-by-2 meeting, it's kinda like Christian club but more small group like. we shared our testimonies and thoughts. then we asked for prayer requests, our leader asked us "is there anyone who is sick right now?" there were 3 of us raised our hand. she asked us to stand up, and have ppl lay their hand on us and pray for us. while everyone is praying, all 3 of us started coughing really hard. For me i felt like, there's something in my throat that i just want to cough it out really bad. After they are done praying, OUR THROATS DOESN'T HURT ANYMORE!! i felt sooooo relief, it was waaay better then the meds that Kevin's mom gave me. i fell like i can almost scream like Paul!....well.. maybe not, but i can talk now, without coughing every other words.
it's just so amazing that God can heal us like that; at school, during lunch time, w/ about 10 ppl praying for healing, and boooom! it happens!! cheers

so yeah, that's my short testimony Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fecccrew.niceboard.net
mmhm.uhhuh

Number of posts : 21
Name : Jessica Liu
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: a short testimony   Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:15 pm

i'm not sure if this is a testimony (i think this is more of a prayer request) but i really felt like sharing this.

(copied from Jessica's journal. the "dot dot dot" means i'm leaving out some stuff)

Joyson died... Today there was sort of a memorial service for him after school...There was so much hurt, pain and sadness. a lot of empty faces. there were some people crying who i didn't even realize knew Joyson. a couple people shared memories. Emily Hwang (not from our church, that's emily huang) and emily liang were crying heavily. there were many memories shared with Joyson and them. even emily liu (my friend) spoke. it really was amazing to me to see these kids in the face of such shock and tragedy, they held great understanding. it wasn't a superficial "oh i feel bad" , but i think that God was really moving and saying something to these students. here was an issue they didn't normally face, or refused to. something totally avoided to the point of disbelief. disbelief that such a thing could happen. and then it appeared to them in the most real way.
for me, i am peaceful. the thoughts that i dwell on is how great Joyson is doing now. skiing on those heavenly slopes, snorkeling in God's beautiful, sparkling sea. And what i really find joy in, is that Joyson is seeing God face to face. where God can personally wipe away every tear from the pain and emotional hurt, the doubts that were also caused by the suffering from Joyson's mind. that Joyson will not hurt anymore, he will not be afraid or sad. he will be able to rest in the the Lord's Prescence. and...NO MORE PAIN! i bet, just by looking on God's face, Joyson will think it was all worth it. i cannot be happier for Joyson!
but there is still so much pain down here on earth... a life still ended. to some, the life was unfairly cut off. those who don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, the underlying joy and happiness in the fact that Joyson is finally at HOME, it hurts so much. it hurts to them so bad. Ms.Z (the science teacher) is facing something science doesn't provide with satisfying answers. she told us that it was too short. his life was too short. but for we Christians we see it as the sooner Joyson is with God. she got to know Joyson well from visiting him a lot in the hospital. she said the two of them talked about many things and that Joyson had a growing interest in psychology. i ask you guys to pray for her. she must be so confused and mad and devastated. it's also like that for a lot of people who have known him. it's a blow, a blow to everything they've known. it really shakes their beliefs, where they stand, how they are using their life now. to some i can imagine that this whole thing makes absolutely no sense and all they feel is anger and confusion.
i'm praying (and i hope you guys do too) that God will really take this situation and use it for His Awesome Purpose. so, many will be able to find the truth. then, Joyson's life will not be in vain. i honestly hope that his struggle, his life, and his death will not have been in vain.
i wish i knew you better in this life Joyson. it's a mistake i won't repeat next time around. Joyson, there's this unspeakable joy welling up in my soul for you! you are finally free from life's restraints, it's devastation, it's evil. You're in the holiest, most wonderful place ever to exist. You're in the prescence of God! that is too amazing to even imagine! i can't wait to see you again, beloved brother.

GOD, I PRAY THAT THROUGH THE DEVASTATION, THE BROKENNESS, AND THE SUFFERING, YOUR LIGHT, FATHER, WILL SHINE STILL. THAT IT WILL SHINE EVEN BRIGHTER AND SO PEOPLE WILL RUN TO IT. THAT YOUR TRUTH WILL AWAKE THE SLEEPING AND IGNORANT AND OPEN THE EYES OF THE BLIND.

THE GLORY GOES TO YOU FOREVER (even in this time), AMEN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeremy.Chen

Number of posts : 22
Name : Jeremy Chen
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: a short testimony   Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:13 am

Thanks for sharing that, Jess---it's been hard to try to articulate my thoughts into words, and this was very encouraging. Let's keep praying for Joyson's family and friends: that they will find peace in his passing, inspiration in his testimony, and strength in his faith. He will be sorely missed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThatAsianKid

Number of posts : 695
Name : Tim Lau
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: a short testimony   Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

okay, here's a very short testimony

Yesterday night, I couldn't seem to find my contacts. The last time I had saw them were in the morning. Even trying to find my contacts seemed like an impossible task because of their size. My dad and I searched my whole bathroom, bed, and desk; we didn't find anything. Now, leaving the matter to God, my dad and I prayed together that God would help guide us to my contacts. Trying one last time, we couldn't find my contacts, so we came to the conclusion that they were lost. Just when I was about to go to bed, my dad comes in my room with a smile on his face. In the palm of his hand, were my contacts. I was overjoyed. I asked him where he found my contacts, and he said they were downstairs, next to the TV, on the carpet. This room was almost on the other side of the house. We did not even consider going down there to look, but when my dad went down to relax and watch a little TV before going to bed, he found my contacts! It was such a blessing that God had guided my dad to find my contacts, they were still intact, and nobody had stepped on them.

Yeah... so there you have it, my short testimony
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freerice.com
jigglychum123

Number of posts : 56
Name : Jane Che
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: a short testimony   Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:36 pm

I have a few testimonites:] They're not very deep like Jessica's, but they make me smile when I think about it(: There was this time I was wiping our house's wooden floor with this stick thing with a flat board at the end you can put a towel to wipe the ground with and I had tightened the stick too much and I couldnt take it apart. I tried a bunch of times, but it seemed like it was stuck. So I put it down and prayed for a moment and when I tried the last time, it was so easy I wondered if I was just too tired to take it apart or something.

There was this other time I was going to pray before I sleep and it was kind of hard to concentrate because I had hiccups. so I said "Dear Lord, please let my hiccups go away before I start praying about other things." and then they stopped right after I said that and it was kind of funny because it's kind of like one of those small things God does for us that's like a sign from God saying "I'm here!" if we're ever doubting Him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mmhm.uhhuh

Number of posts : 21
Name : Jessica Liu
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: a short testimony   Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:24 pm

aww Jane.. it sounded like i was trying to stuff a bunch of words and cliches i never use into the little paragraph. but its hard to talk about death without sounding like that. you know, cause you can't talk about it like it's an everyday kind of thing. anyway.. i appreciate you calling me deeep. Cool

and miracles, that's just amazing how you pray to God about everything. i gotta learn from you jane
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breechang

Number of posts : 3
Name : Bernice (Bree) Chang
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: a short testimony   Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:02 am

I have a testimony I want to share! It happened over the summer... (just fyi. Haha!) Smile

So, August 18, 2007 was the day my friend passed away from a car accident on her way home from Mammoth mountain. Well, I was pretty uncomfortable with going anywhere a year later, but my mom was going to drive her friends up to Fremont AND Fresno on 8/18/08, so I decided to tag-along too. Well, it was rather creepy, but my mom was driving the van home (with 3 of her friends and me) at around, 10:45 at night. Well, we're not exactly sure what happened, but I guess my mom fell asleep (she didn't remember falling asleep), and she drove in to the exit sign on the 99 freeway, and her friend next to her started screaming, and as a reaction, my mom turned the wheel (sharply) and pressed the brakes as well, which led to my van spinning in around in the middle of the freeway and then flipping over twice. It was the scariest thing I have EVER experienced in my life, and I still remember crying in the back seat from being so scared. All I remember was me screaming for my mom and tears streaming down my eyes. Well, my mom's friend wasn't doing too well, so we had an ambulance take her to KMC (Kern Medical Center). My mom had to go with her as well, so I was stuck with her friends, who didn't speak english. (which was a bad combination because i couldn't speak chinese!) I was cut all over the place with glass in my skin, and it was most definitely not a comfortable feeling. Well, I called my dad after the tow-guy (is there a name for them?!) took me & my mom's friends to a gas station, and my dad came to pick us up. While waiting, I realized how lucky we were to be alive. A different friend (from the one I was talking about before) had gotten in an accident only a few days earlier, and both she & the passenger had broken bones. Well, I realized that God had been there through the accident, and it was truly a miracle for everyone to survive it. I think it was a crazy experience for me, especially because I still remember debating about whether I should've put my seatbelt on or not when we took off for home (good thing I did!).

Now, everyone's been doing fine, and we all feel really blessed to be okay. Smile

-------------------------

A few weeks earlier, I googled my friend's name (who had passed away on 8/18/07) and found a news report about her accident. It turns out that she got in an accident on the way home (as I said before), on the exact same freeway, AND she was also sent to KMC (exact same hospital!) =|
I don't know if that's just a really scary coincidence, or what, but that still bothers me a little bit.

That's...pretty much my testimony. Haha! Smile
I have more, but I'll write it another day -_-x It's REALLY long. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1034460130&ref=
khiwmamnyg

Number of posts : 137
Name : Kimberly Hwang
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: a short testimony   Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:52 am

God answered my prayers! Last week, I went to Chicago, the Windy City (though this nickname was given to Chicago for political reasons), for an MUN conference, and the temperatures all week were around 30 degrees Fahrenheit! With the windchill, some days would feel like 15 or 20 degrees. I brought two big jackets that I had borrowed, but I was scared that my body wouldn't be able to handle the cold. My body was tired from staying up late, and I started wearing turtlenecks with sweaters to keep warm at school. But when I went to Chicago, everything was alright. Besides my face, I didn't feel cold at all. In fact, I never had to wear both my big jackets together. And on some days, I was able to walk outside with a long sleeved shirt and a fleece jacket! God provided and kept me warm all week! Smile Haha, and when I came back to school today, I started feeling cold again. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breechang

Number of posts : 3
Name : Bernice (Bree) Chang
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: a short testimony   Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:31 pm

So, this past week, I've been arguing with my parents. My parents were notified by my school about how my grades were, and careless of the fact that I was in AP classes, my parents were really mad that my grades weren't A's, and my dad said I was no longer allowed to come to church. I was really sad for the week. My dad and I argued about allowing me to go to church everyday this week, and every time, he stuck with his answer "no".
Well, I wanted to go to church yesterday, and so I asked my dad if I could go at 6, exactly an hour before the prayer meeting began. He said I couldn't go. He tried giving me a hard time and telling me that I could do what I do at church at home by myself. I told him it wasn't the same but he wasn't exactly convinced. I was really sad and sat in the living room, and for almost an hour straight, I sat there, pouring out tears and praying that God would change my dad's heart. I believe in miracles, and I believed that God could do a miracle for me. As I prayed, my dad walked from his room to the living room and back. He did it three times. I continued praying, and finally, my dad came out of his room once more, walked in to the living room and said "If you still want to go to church, then go wash your face and I'll drive you."
When I came home last night, my dad said I could go to senior small group and church (on sundays and fridays), as long as i studied the rest of the time and worked hard.

I don't know what made my dad change his heart, but all I can say is that God is a wonderful god, God answers prayers, and miracles really do happen, as long as you believe. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1034460130&ref=
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a short testimony   

Back to top Go down

a short testimony
Page 1 of 1