Go down 
AuthorMessage
kris0ten
Admin

Number of posts : 98
Name : Kristen Chang
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: sunday service   Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:36 am

we did things a little differently - what did you guys think of it? was it cool? was it weird? good weird? bad weird? did you even notice a difference? scratch would you want to do things that way more often?

we're always looking for things that help our youth group connect with God, not that the way we usually do sunday worship is unsatisfactory or anything, but trying new things is healthy! we want to get your opinion on how it was for you! Very Happy

*insertusernamehere*

Number of posts : 201
Name : Kelsey Chang
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:57 pm

kris0ten wrote:
we did things a little differently - what did you guys think of it? was it cool? was it weird? good weird? bad weird? did you even notice a difference? scratch would you want to do things that way more often?

we're always looking for things that help our youth group connect with God, not that the way we usually do sunday worship is unsatisfactory or anything, but trying new things is healthy! we want to get your opinion on how it was for you! Very Happy

IT WAS AWESOMEEEE!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers i would definitely like to do things that way more often. i don't know about everyone else, but like..i really felt the Holy Spirit moving in the place. i felt God's presence in the room. i think ending with worship helped. haha. but that's just my opinion Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IwasTHERE

Number of posts : 38
Name : Jack Chao

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Mmmm... looks like a family support type of a deal.. What a Face

JK!! i donno what you all did that Sunday but from what i heard, it is nothing but positive feed backs.. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*insertusernamehere*

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:05 pm

IwasTHERE wrote:
Mmmm... looks like a family support type of a deal.. What a Face

JK!! i donno what you all did that Sunday but from what i heard, it is nothing but positive feed backs.. sunny

heyyy.. Mad what do you mean by 'family support type of a deal'?? LOL. and it was great. i was really touched on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yeahitisfu
Admin

Number of posts : 289
Name : Eric FuFu
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:02 pm

i really felt the Holy Spirit was moving that day. i can totally sense it!!
having a worship time at the end, can let us reflect the message that we just recived so i think it was great last Sun.!!! we should do it more often!!! cheers cheers cheers

but one problem is that some ppl aren't aware of it. they just felt awkard being in that situation
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fecccrew.niceboard.net
KNIWIFI

Number of posts : 33
Name : Kevin Ni

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:49 am

It was really good! But yea I agree with Eric, I think most people just wanted to leave, being in the sunday service mindset. The people around me, at least, were sorta lost, or completely missed the point of what was happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IwasTHERE

Number of posts : 38
Name : Jack Chao

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:37 pm

love the profile picture Kevin.. i was goin to use that one.. LOL cherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*insertusernamehere*

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:17 pm

yeahitisfu wrote:
i really felt the Holy Spirit was moving that day. i can totally sense it!!
having a worship time at the end, can let us reflect the message that we just recived so i think it was great last Sun.!!! we should do it more often!!! cheers cheers cheers

but one problem is that some ppl aren't aware of it. they just felt awkard being in that situation

hmmm...yeahh...i get you =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jessalynnnn

Number of posts : 8
Name : Jessalyn
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:19 pm

personally, i think new comers would feel really really awkward if every sunday was like this past sunday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yeahitisfu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:21 pm

yes, even some of the ppl who knows God felt awkard too... ><

we need to grow more I love you
Back to top Go down
jessalynnnn

Number of posts : 8
Name : Jessalyn
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:25 pm

yeahitisfu wrote:

how so? if you mean like, grow as in grow more open to welcoming new comers and like not just making them feel outcasted, then yes, i agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*insertusernamehere*

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:29 pm

jessalynnnn wrote:
yeahitisfu wrote:

how so? if you mean like, grow as in grow more open to welcoming new comers and like not just making them feel outcasted, then yes, i agree.

i don't know, guys...like, i think a lot of people liked the last sunday service, but at the same time, a lot of people couldn't really embrace it =/ we're not all on the 'same page', spiritually, as a youth group. so like...it's going to be awkward like this at times for some people. for some people, it'll be awkward...for some people, it'll be life-changing, and it'll help them grow closer to God. so i really don't know what we should do...it's confusing. all we can do at this point is ask God what HE wants us to do, and we just gotta obey with willing hearts Neutral whatever God's will is...that's the way to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yeahitisfu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:36 pm

no i meant grow inward. cuz this Sun was more of a meditation. it's a time to get closer to God. and ppl aren't ready to have that relationship. i kinda feel sry for the new commers, they must have felt really reallly weird.
but Sun. services are more like a church thing, whereas Fri nights is more outward reaching. so for Sun. i think it was a good opportunity for us grow closer to God. cheers
Back to top Go down
timothy.mok

Name : Tim Mok
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:58 pm

yeahitisfu wrote:
no i meant grow inward. cuz this Sun was more of a meditation. it's a time to get closer to God. and ppl aren't ready to have that relationship. i kinda feel sry for the new commers, they must have felt really reallly weird.
but Sun. services are more like a church thing, whereas Fri nights is more outward reaching. so for Sun. i think it was a good opportunity for us grow closer to God. cheers

God moves in different ways, eric. you can seek God by sitting there and meditating, or you can seek God by an intense musical worship session, or other ways. the point isn't whether or not you like one way of worship or another,
it's whether or not people want to have a relationship with Jesus. this verse (matthew 7:22-23) says

22Many will say to me on
that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your
name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

with that, Jesus says that prophesy and all the gifts are great and all, but they aren't the focus. they are there to bring people to God and help begin/strengthen a relationship with Him.

on the other hand, some people do need more of what happened on sunday. some people felt awkward, but some learn to embrace it. God moves in many ways. prophecy is just one of them. the Spirit is necessary in all facets of life, but just because you don't see some crazy manifestation, does not mean that the Holy Spirit is not present and working.

seek the Giver, and the gifts will come too. in that order Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kris0ten
Admin

Name : Kristen Chang

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:27 pm

quiet worship is just as powerful/meaningful as loud worship
in general our wiorship is more "tame", so we wanted to try more "intense". doesn't mean one is better than the other. worship in a way that best connects you to His heart!
it's empty worship that we want to see replaced!

jess' point about the comfort of newcomers is very valid, and i definitely see how loud and intense worship would make them feel very awkward... but i dont think we should necessarily stop because of that.
if my personal way of worshiping is to be loud and intense and raise my hands and shout to God, i don't think that i should stop because there are newcomers around, you know? i dunno, i guess to me it seems like stopping would make things less real. as if i'm dressing up my spirituality to make it look pretty for the new people.
if i'm crazy about God, and i act crazy about God, i would want newcomers to see the sincerity of my passion. and i would let God work in them how He wants to. you never know - maybe since they were totally freaked out, the experience sticks in their minds and they want to know more about what's going on?
that's just my opinionn... i don't know if i'd be ok with like, only worshiping intensely when i'm by myself, and then toning it down for church. i honestly don't know what the best solution for that issue would be. those are just some of my ideas on it.

AhhhhitsJoseph

Number of posts : 648
Name : Joseph Wu
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:07 pm

Um... I wasn't there last Sunday... so what happened? Anyone care to englighten a person who was out sick?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
here we go

Number of posts : 90
Name : Hannah Jang
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:17 pm

i didnt come in until the very last tid bit of it but what i felt in the end was very powerful. we had a worship time in the end. the songs were new so alot of the people didnt know them. but i felt that the words had a lot of meaning in them and was very true for a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mmhm.uhhuh

Number of posts : 21
Name : Jessica Liu
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:01 pm

actually, i think when newcomers or the people who aren't really into the worship themselves, when they see the people who are into it they won't really feel awkward. it'll be more of an awe and i think it'll make them wonder what gets these worshippers all worked up. most likely it'll give them a desire to get to know the Lord like the others do.
also, it's not like they have to be there, making it optional would be a good thing too.
overall, i think it's really great. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sunday service   

Back to top Go down

sunday service
Page 1 of 1