AuthorMessage
yaRn
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Name : Ryan Hsu
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: QT Accountability   Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:35 pm

hey everyone,

i'm hoping that you can all use this topic to keep each other accountable to your quiet times. maybe just include a little bit about what you did for your QT today and what you heard from God.

i'll start us off...

i read from 2 chronicles today (from the devotional that we sell). i felt that God was telling me to think about my choices i make everyday. and not to take them lightly...the passage was talking about a king who did not listen to God's call, from multiple forms and people. eventually, God just threw judgment at him. here's just a little excerpt from my journal today:

"i can never run from God. when it's all over, God will eventually catch me, whether it's to love me eternally or to cast me away eternally. God will have the final say with my life. now after i've accepted salvation from Christ, God will never cast me away, but it's just a sobering fact knowing that there are some people who will never make that right decision to follow him. i won't always make the right choices or decisions in life, but i need to trust that God still wants me to be attentive to his call, however that may look."

your entries don't have to be as long, but i ended up going on a rant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeffreyzooo
Admin

Number of posts : 269
Name : Jeffrey Zhu
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: QT Accountability   Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:25 pm

Exodus 34:29-32
"29 When Moses came down from Mount Sinai, with the two tablets of the testimony in his hand as he came down from the mountain, Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because he had been talking with God. 30 Aaron and all the people of Israel saw Moses, and behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him, 31 But Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the leaders of the congregation returned to him, and Moses talked with them. 32 Afterward all the people of Israel came near, and he commanded them all that the Lord had spoken with him in Mount Sinai."

This verse kind of just spoke to me that we should all be an example of God's love. Us as Christians we should be able to show love and compassion on others and it might just sink through to non-Christians. Personally, I sometimes have trouble with this and judge others saying, "Oh he's dumb" or "Oh my gosh that guy is soo anoying." Like in the verse Moses didn't really see that he was glowing but all the members of the congregation had seen it. This is exactly what happens in life. Sometimes we may see ourselves as broken or corrupted. Others however, may see us as a great example of God's love. Let's use this and evangalize to others showing God's grace and love for us and them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=778923708
nate the great

Number of posts : 26
Name : Nathan Lin
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: QT Accountability   Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:05 am

sorry for the long time but this devo. i did was from July 26, 2008

Pleasures of God

Hebrews 11:24-27
"24 By faith Moses, when he was grown up, refused to be caleed the son of Pharaoh's daughter, 25 choosing rather to be mistreated with the people of God than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26 He considered the reprouch of Christ greater than wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking to the reward. 27 By faith he left Egypt, not being afraid of the anger of the king, for he endured as seeing him who is invisible."

To me this verse was hard to understand at first, so i prayed over it and asked God what he wanted me to learn from this passage. After awhile of praying, God kind of showed me what he wanted by asking me the question "Why do you chase after the worldy pleasures and forget about my greatest gift, eternal life?" So to me it meant a lot, for the past year I've been sort of obsessing over my appearance and how people judged me, and spending too much time away from God, but all that were just distractions and temptations against the real goal, pursuing God and his love. Through this passage i think that God is telling us to be seperated from the worldly treasures and focus on his greatest gift of all, eternal life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1292625&op=1&o=global&view
Jeffreyzooo
Admin

Number of posts : 269
Name : Jeffrey Zhu
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: QT Accountability   Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:00 am

Hebrews 1:1-3
"1 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets. 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3 He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

To me, this verse tells me basically that everything Jesus is, God is. I guess the main thing is that Jesus is God and that he gives us a taste of what living with God is like. This verse kind of shows that you can learn all the facts of God like that he is all-knowing or all-powerful, but without a personal relationship it does not really mean anything. Without a personal relationship it would be like just memorizing something for school. We should all be able to tell other who we believe and not just what we believe in.

1 Timothy 4:12
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=778923708
jigglychum123

Number of posts : 56
Name : Jane Che
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: QT Accountability   Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:24 am

James:4:3
"You ask but do not recieve, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions."

This verse kind of reflects me. Every time I pray, I'm praying for myself half the time (Yeah, talk about self-centered.) and some of my prayers do get answered, but sometimes some don't and I wonder why. After reading this short verse, I realized how selfish I've been and I've been trying to be a little selfless for once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QT Accountability   

Back to top Go down

QT Accountability
Page 1 of 1